Dear current and past parents and students,
Happy Chinese New Year! Welcome to the year of the rabbit! For the first time in a long time the Chinese New Year finally fell on the weekends. Hope you and your family thoroughly enjoyed it.
In 2023, we will introduce two certificate courses in the IT area while we continue with our usual Chinese courses for adults and school aged students, which includes the Australian Curriculum Chinese for kids, HSK, BCT, and Certificate II & III in Applied Language Chinese. All the certificate courses are nationally accredited and may contribute to QCE and ATAR for Senior Years students (Year 11 & 12).
Below is a list of our current courses and the class times. Please help us spread the word and let us know if you have any questions. Our Monday classes start tomorrow (Monday 23/01/2023), and the Saturday classes start on 28/01/2022.
- Australian Curriculum Kids Class – Monday 4:00 pm start
- BCT (Business Chinese Test) Level 1 for Adults – Monday 5:30 pm start (no previous learning experience required)
- HSK (Standard Chinese) for School Aged Students – Saturday 8 start
- Certificate II & III in Applied Language – Saturday 9:15 am start
- HSK Adult Chinese (previous learning experience required) – Saturday 10:30 am start
- Certificate II in Applied Digital Technologies (New!) – TBA (expression of interest by email)
- Certificate III in Information Technology (New!) – TBA (expression of interest by email)
Below are the lists of units covered in the new certificate courses. The courses may also suit Chinese speakers whose English is their second language.
Certificate II in Applied Digital Technologies
- Core Unit – Contribute to the health and safety of self and others
- Core Unit – Operate application software packages
- Core Unit – Operate digital media technology packages
- Core Unit – Participate in sustainable work practices
- Core Unit – Use computer operating systems and hardware
- Core Unit – Use digital technologies to communicate in a work environment
- Group A – Connect a home based local wireless network
- Group A – Design and create basic organisational documents
- Group A – Develop web presence using social media
- Group A – Securely manage personally identifiable information and workplace information
- Group B – Maintain interactive content
- Other – Build simple web pages
Certificate III in Information Technology
- Core Unit – Apply introductory programming techniques
- Core Unit – Develop and extend critical and creative thinking skills
- Core Unit – Identify IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments
- Core Unit – Provide ICT advice to clients
- Core Unit – Securely manage personally identifiable information and workplace information
- Core Unit – Work in a team
- Group B – Evaluate characteristics of cloud computing solutions and services
- Group E Generalist IT Support – Maintain and repair ICT equipment and software
- Group E Generalist IT Support – Run standard diagnostic tests
- Group H Programming – Apply introductory object-oriented language skills
- Group H Programming – Write scripts for software applications
- Group I Systems – Install, configure and secure a small office or home office network
Thank you for your time reading this long email. We look forward to another exciting year working with keen learners in our local community.